Join our Volunteer Creative Team and gain first-hand experience of event development & management.
We are now accepting applications to join our Volunteer Creative Team.
To apply, please fill in this formCreative Team Application Form
What is the Creative Team and what will I be doing?
As part of the Creative Team you will gain first-hand experience of Festival and Event Management. You’ll have the opportunity to gain experience of what goes on behind the scenes from engaging with and working with local people/groups, event development, programme planning, partnership working and marketing & communications and then during the festival leading and delivering events too.
Key responsibilities may include: (With support from the Festival Manager as required)
- Researching and developing ideas for new science events and activities
- Meeting with and working with Midlothian community groups to further develop possible and relevant
- Review existing events and improve / amend to suit new audiences
- Manage event development and delivery
- Manage communication and relationships with partners / contributors
- Input to and support marketing materials and funding applications
- Creating resources and materials
There will also be opportunities to support and gain experience in the following areas of festival management:
- Creating a festival wide marketing strategy
- Assist with the writing of funding applications
- Capturing relevant data / feedback
- Marketing & communications including online and social media
What is the commitment?
The Team will meet monthly from April 2019. (The location is flexible based on the what suits the group best)
Between each meeting you will be expected to work on your projects / events (either individually or in small groups). Ideally you will be available throughout the summer or be able to work remotely on any projects / events, and you would also must be available during the festival too.
You will be supported by the Festival Manager, Festival Directors and Committee and your fellow Creative Team throughout.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in being involved please fill out the short application form and email to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 27th March 2019.
Creative Team Application Form Creative Team Information