Join our Volunteer Creative Team and gain first-hand experience of event development & management.
Following the success of our pilot volunteer programme in 2017 we are now looking to expand our team and are offering a limited number of places to join our Creative Team.
The application form is at the bottom of this page and the Deadline is 5pm on Wednesday 11 April.
What is the Creative Team and what will I be doing?
As part of the Creative Team you will gain first-hand experience of Festival and Event Management. You’ll gain experience of what goes on behind the scenes from event development, programme planning, partnership working and marketing & communications and also of the organising and delivering an interesting and varied programme of events and activities
Key responsibilities will include: (With support from the Festival Manager as required)
- Researching and developing ideas for new science events and activities
- Creating resources and materials for events and activities
- Manage communication and relationships with partners / contributors
- Input to and support marketing materials and funding applications
- Review existing events and improve / amend to suit new audiences
- Lead on sub-projects such as running events for those with additional support needs
- Manage event development and delivery
There will also be opportunities to support and gain experience in the following areas of festival management:
- Creating a festival wide marketing strategy
- Supporting the writing of funding applications
- Capturing relevant data / feedback
- Marketing & communications including online and social media
What is the commitment?
The Team will meet monthly from May 2018. Between each meeting you will be expected to work on your projects / events (either individually or in small groups). Ideally you will be available throughout the summer or be able to work remotely on any projects / events, and you would also must be available during the festival to manage your events and provide general festival support too.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in being involved please fill out the application form and email to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 11th April 2018.
Creative Team - Application Form Creative Team - Information