The success of our festival events very much relies upon the support and help from our enthusiastic, reliable and motivated Event Volunteers!
Those people who assist in setting up spaces, delivering activities, offering demonstrations, welcoming you and answering your questions…. giving up their time to ensure those attending our festival have a truly super time
We are currently looking for volunteers to support:
- Blast From The Past – science gala day on Friday 12 October between 1pm – 5pm at the National Mining Museum
- Slime Factory workshop (slime assistant) on Friday 12 October between 3pm – 7pm at The Glencorse Centre
- Dino and Rocks – science gala day on Wednesday 17 October between 11am – 3pm at Dalkeith Library
- Tiny Tots – Under 5’s gala day on Thursday 18 October between 1am – 2pm at The Glencorse centre
- Family Colour run on Saturday 20 October between 11am – 3pm at Loanhead Library
- Rocket Build and Launch events on Sunday 7 / Monday 15 / Friday 19 October
What is an Event Volunteer?
As one of our Event Volunteers you will be involved in the supporting the delivery of various events across the two weeks of the festival.
On signing up, you will be asked your availability over the two festival weeks and also any preferences for events you may like to be involved in. Once we have our pool of volunteers we will then sort a rota and confirm your shifts.
What kind of work will Event Volunteer do?
As an Event Volunteer, you will be very much at the forefront of the festival. With each event being so different to the next, who knows what exactly you’ll be doing…. (and what you’ll learn for the that matter…)
Some of the more standard roles involved at many of our events include:
- Welcoming people into events (checking bookings / tickets etc)
- Assisting / supporting with drop-in science based activities or demonstrations
- Assisting with logistics – before, during and after events
- Collecting feedback / evaluations
What is the commitment?
There is no minimum commitment, but it is helpful if volunteers can be available for a minimum of 2 events over the two weeks.
The Festival is taking place from Sat 6 Oct – Sat 20 Oct 2018
Events will take place during the days, some evenings and on weekends.
Please email our Festival Manager, Claire for more information or to register at firstname.lastname@example.org