Recent Posts From Old Featured Events
Our facebook Posts
Where? National Museum of Scotland Auditorium,
When? Saturday December 5th, 14:30 – 16:00
For which audience? General public aged 14+
Why resistance to antibiotics and other anti-microbial drugs matters and what can be done – a panel discussion.
- How does anti-microbial resistance develop?
- What are the likely consequences for human health?
- What can we as individuals do to help?
- Can more effective and faster diagnostic tests prevent over-prescription of antibiotics?
- What are the obstacles to the development of new anti-microbials?
- Should government policy shape the responses of drug companies to the need for new antibiotics by reducing regulatory restraints, encouraging new business models and providing economic incentives?
- Is overuse of antibiotics in animal rearing contributing to AMR and if so what can be done to prevent this?